Keeping a big bowl of this raw coleslaw in your fridge is perfect for a last minute side with any dish.
Avoid the mayonnaise and packaged tubs of slaw in the supermarkets and have a go at making your own delicious healthy coleslaw, it’s so easy! I like to use lemon juice as the ‘glue’ of the recipe (instead of the mayo), this is an awesome raw recipe…
You will need:
- 1/4 small red cabbage
- 1/2 small green cabbage
- 1/2 carrot, shredded
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
How to make the Healthy Coleslaw Recipe:
- Remove any tough outer leaves from the cabbage.
- Trim the core and any tough stems from the cabbage and thinly slice.
- Add to a bowl with the shredded carrot, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, honey, salt and black pepper. Toss to combine.
- Add any extra ingredients for a quirky twist – try thinly sliced chillies or pomegranate seeds.
- Serve this right away for more of a salad, or store it in the fridge overnight for a coleslaw, that’s more pickled.
Serves 6-8 portions