When it comes to working out it’s fair to say I’m a bit of a ‘billy-no-mates’ as I tend to train on my own, mostly because my life is so busy and lacks routine and I end up exercising at random times.
So, when I get a chance to exercise with one of my friends I’m always thrilled, for two main reasons.
The first is that I always feel I push myself a little more, I find that extra 2% effort because not only am I motivated by my fitness friend, but because I’ve got a sneaky little competitive streak!
Secondly, working out with a training partner is just much more fun and in addition you can be more creative with your exercise selection.
Last week, me and my friend Sarah donned our active wear and headed outside for a super session in the sun.
We kicked off with a warm up consisting of dynamic stretching, such as squats with arm swings above the head and across the body, then into some torso rotations to mobilise the spine and some side lunges to stretch the muscles of the inner thigh.
Then onto the main workout, and I planned a six exercise circuit for us, which consisted of:
- Squat & Throw: passing the 4kg Dynamax ball to each other.
- Side To Side Press Up: using the Reebok Deck, with one of us at each end performing press ups with one hand on the deck and one hand on the floor and switching sides.
- Kneel To Stand and Bounce & Throw : I do one repetition of this exercise, using the 4kg Dynamax ball while Sarah waits in a squat hold position and then we swap.
- Kettle Bell Swing: I got the short straw on this one with the 12kg kettle bell and Sarah used the 6kg.
- Sit Up & Throw: I start with the 4kg Dynamax ball and from a lying position sit up and throw it to Sarah. She then performs a squat and press with it before throwing it back to me.
- Bunny Hops: with one of us at each end of the Reebok Deck, with our hands on it and jumping across from one side to the other.
We started by performing each exercise for 1 minute with a 20 second rest/transition between exercises. The second time through the circuit we opted for a 45 second work and 15 second rest split and we finished with a third round…the quick fire round, of 30 seconds work and 10 seconds rest.
We finished the workout off with a short cool down and of course lots of chatting!
The whole thing took around 30 minutes, burnt around 450 calories and most importantly it was super fun training with my pal!
Why not give it a go and let me know how you and your fitness friend got on. Share your post workout selfies on social media and tag me and Reebok Fitness Equipment.