I am lovin’ this year’s Sport Relief campaign to get the nation to one billion steps! Being more active AND raising money for projects that help people across the UK and the world…that’s always a winner in my book. So when I was asked to become a Sport Relief Regional Champion, it was an easy YES!
Now I need your help!
On Sunday 18th March, I want as many people from Sunderland as possible to come together and do as many steps as we possibly can. You don’t have to be super fit, you can go at your own pace and you can get the whole family involved too!
So how do you get involved?
- Download the Sport Relief App and fill in your details
- Request to join the Step Up Sunderland Challenge HERE
- Turn up at the bottom of Penshaw Hill at 9.30am on Sunday 18th March (let me know you’re coming by emailing me at email@example.com)
- For up to 2 hours we will make our way up and down the hill as many times as possible
- Ask your friends, family and colleagues to support you by asking them to sponsor you (you can set up your Giving Page within the Sport Relief app).
The more people that turn up, the faster we will hit out target of 200,000 steps. Plus if you sign up NOW, all of the steps you do in the run up to the 18th March will also count towards the final total…in other words, LET’S DO THIS!
Come on Sunderland, let’s step up for Sport Relief!